Did you start singing Chicago’s song when you read the title? Good, it’ll be stuck in your head all day! Muahaha!
I thought I would have a positive post today after those horrid images of Trudy I put up on Wednesday. Many of you said how unbelievable the images were, and I completely agree. Every time I look at them it seems surreal. I wonder when I’ll really feel like I’m looking at images inside my very own head. Maybe in a year? Maybe never? Maybe it’s all a bad dream?! Ha, I wish!
Anyway, I am happy to report that I am feeling SO much better than last week. I have been walking around the house a lot lately and I’ve been able to go up and down the stairs without a spotter. I’ve also been spending more time outside, even though it was freezing this week- WTH?! I’m so glad to see it’ll be warm again next week! Fresh air is great for the soul. Last, I am weaning myself off taking the painkillers every 4 hours. I am taking them “as needed” instead, since I don’t feel as much pain anymore. Hooray for that!
This coming Monday, I have my first check-up with Dr. Leonetti, my ENT. I haven’t seen him yet since surgery (besides his quick hello at the hospital when I was all drugged up), so I’m anxious to hear what he has to say about my progress. My mom and I have come up with a list of questions for him too- lucky him. Here are some of my most important ones:
- Is this obnoxious ringing in my left ear ever going away?—If I’m going to be deaf in my left ear, I’d like complete silence, please and thank you!
- Is part of my skull removed?—I don’t really care, I’m just more curious than anything. However, if part of it is removed, I suppose I might have some kind of soft spot I should be aware of in case I ever fall.
- Will I need physical therapy?—I think I’m walking okay, but I still do not feel 100% normal. Then again, I forgot what normal feels like since I was dizzy for so long! Damn you, Trudy!
- When can I leave the house to do something?—It’s not fun leaving the house if you’re just going to the doctor (which is the only time I have left)! I want to know when I can go out to eat or something. Haha I’m such a fat kid at heart, always thinking of food.
- Why do I burp so much now?—TMI? Sorry guys, but I was never a “burper” and now I feel like I burp all the time. It’s disgusting, and I’d like to know if I’ll be like that forever. I find these types of people quite repulsive.
I have other questions too, but that’s enough for now. Hope you guys have a great weekend! I just ordered some DVDs for Saturday night- Saved by the Bell: Hawaiian Style & Saved by the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas that I’ll be watching with my sister, Katie. NERD ALERT! We’ll be those annoying people quoting the entire movies. Good thing it’ll only be us, because most people HATE us when we do that.